Friday, August 13, 2010

ROCK Sex: "I Thank You" - Sam And Dave > ZZ Top



ROCK Sex says your kiss is "so good I had to hollar for help!"

_______________


The original version of "I Thank You" was set loose by the impossibly cool Sam And Dave. It was written like most of their hits by the secret soul men, Dave Porter and Isaac Hayes.

They were backed by the magnifincent Stax Records house band, Booker T And The MGs with The Mar-Keys horns.

SAM AND DAVE -"I Thank You" (1968)



FM Rock fans know it by the edgy Boogie version by these demented prospectors.

ZZ TOP -"I Thank You" (1979)



Less known and just as great is this version by Bonnie Raitt from the same year.

BONNIE RAITT -"I Thank You" (1979)



Giving more thanks are Robert Randolph and the ranks.

ROBERT RANDOLPH And The Family Band, ft. Cory Henry -"I Thank You" (2017)



"Every day was something new,
You pull out your bag and your fine to-do
You got me trying new things too
Just so I can keep up with you!"



© Tym Stevens



See Also:

SHAKE AND FINGER POP! Soul Music and the Interior Truth, with Music Player!

"Time Is Tight!" - Booker T > The Clash > Elvis Costello > Squeeze

"Walk On By" - Dionne Warwick > Isaac Hayes > The Stranglers > Hooverphonic > Mono > Pete Rock


The Real History of Rock and Soul!: The Music Player Checklist


No comments: